6/06/2009

"Don't Stop Now, Straight to the Top Now!"

AKA GROUSE GRIND, NORTH VANCOUVER, BC CANADA.
Aka "Mother Nature's Stairmaster"
Aka 30° slope , starting at the Valley Station of Grouse Mountain & finishes at the Peak’s plateau.
Aka 2.9 kilometres (1.8 miles) in length!
Aka 853 metres (2,800 feet) in elevation gain with 2,830 in total of stairs.
Aka "on average it takes up to an hour and a half to complete the hike. For novice hikers, up to two hours is recommended."

Status: COMPLETED. June 5, 2009 at 1230 hrs.
With Gayle, Ben & my boyfriend, Chris. The success of reaching the mountain peak did justice to the pain & aches we endured during the hike. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm totally down to do it again after I'm much more fit!

Before pictures: on the road with the help of my trusty map & = preparing ourselves for death!

Our pre-game faces to show that we're ready to die.

Fixing my "fanny pack" water bottle (Thanks Chris for bringing me one)

TADA! I'm all set.

...aka Trail of Death.

During pictures: water breaks, burning legs, rocks pissing us off & the never-ending stairs to "heaven"

Chris says after 5 mins of starting: "K, water break!"

Even while hiking, the paparazzi is out to get me?


45 mins later, finally at the half mark! It was a mini celebration. ....for our legs & lungs!

After pictures: finally at the peak feelin' like the Kings & Queens of the world




Being tourists with obligatory photos with the scenery, duh.

"..... When you touched my hand, the sun got brighter then" (8)


The picture that perfectly summarizes Chris & I's relationship.

I found it too corny to look at him straight in the eye so the eagle had to suffice.

Self-explanitory. VIEWER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED.

The gondola back down to Earth, weeeeee!!

Vancouver, your beauty never ceases to amaze me.

6 platters of Greek food between 4 people = savages.

End result? 4 tired individuals praying for their legs not to be excruciatingly sore during the next day after-math. We all had one thing on our minds when getting home: NAP TIME!

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT IN THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER IN THE LBC!


...Cause we sittin' on top of the world.

No comments: