5/16/2009

It don't take a whole day to recognize Sunshine!


I'm back & here to update you on the
sunshines & the sunshiniest days of my life as of late: (click black links for pictures)
1. Becoming a God-mother to a Confirmation candidate. It's an honour to be chosen as a spiritual mentor to a youngin' (although my choices usually stray from being an ideal one).

2. Round 2, game 1 of the Canucks vs. Blackhawks as a surprise from my boyfriend. My first hockey game ever & I walk outta that experience with a win. I know it doesn't count anymore since I practically heard my Vancouver city cry when they got eliminated from the play off =/ However, that didn't apply to my state of mind & emotions after the hockey game! Why? "When can I make this official?" "Up to you baby" "What if I say I want to make it official right now?" "Then it's official... I got myself a boyfriend now." "And I couldn't be any happier to have you as my girlfriend"


3. The initial birthday celebration that sparked the new chilling crew which consisted of me coming from work & meeting up with Chrifer, Alex H & Bryan. A 40 of Silent Sam vodka shared between us 4 equaled roaming around the streets of Robson before 8pm before we munched the f*ck out at Shabusen. With the addition of smuggling in my mickey from Angelo & disguised it as "tea" haha.


4.
SOC = "Standing OH Crew" with straight chillin' 7 days a week! Our group of illdividuals have been busyin' with garage dance sesh's, beach f*ckery, artificial log bonfires, roasting marshmallows (the literal & figurative sense since my nickname is marshmellow), playing bball in the dark, playing volleyball with a GAP ball, Queen E Park antics any time during the week & etc. Literally where the wind blows us! Sometimes, we also chill to substitute for nights at the club in consideration of our youngin's Chrifer & Bryan. Whatever we end up doin, we're defs on the Summer High tip. These group of down ass people have kept me from pulling my hair out when fam shit hits the fan. Can't ask for anything more!


5. My second home, my second family, the older sister I never had; I am forever grateful. You don't recognize what you lack until it's presented to you in a manner more comforting. Ya'll have provided the light & belief that I still am blessed no matter the most heartbreaking tribulations. And to the home that I never cease to get disappointment from.. I still hope to this day for some sort improvement. I don't know how many times I have to re-iterate the things I do, sacrifice and prove to all of you just to keep myself out of your troubled state of mind. But it seems like the more I try to keep your positive outlook towards me, the higher your standards and expectations build up then topple. Honestly, I have not had a bad childhood nor have I run out of morals and values as a young adult to keep getting pushed over by your limitations. I work full-time, pay for my own bills & needs, manage to get higher grades in school all the while trying to balance a healthy family & spiritual life. Am I not entitled to let off some steam in the form of a social life amidst all that pressure? Sigh. A single, vulnerable but self-sufficient lady can only offer so much so, what more do you need from me? My patience has run out & I need time for it to formulate to the level where it's most comfortable so, all I need is time away.

6. I've been dreaming, wanting, needing a bigger memory ipod & car for how long now? My 120 GB new gen ipod video from the boyfriend & his newly purchased car has solved all of that! I am responsible in charging/ putting in songs/ changing the songs in the car/ filling up the gas every once in awhile to keep these privileges fair. Yay!

7. I'm stoked for the PHRESHEST MAY LONG WEEKEND PARTY tomorrow night at Fabric! If you wanna come celebrate it with me and the SOPHRESH fam then gimme a shout for $15 tickets. They're going fast so get at me quick!

8. Thanks to my homegirl for purchasing E-tickets with her credit card.. guess who's hitting up ROCK THE BELLS '09 in my Vancouver city?! If you guessed Denise is, yeeyee you're right! F*ck, I'm so stoked to be mesmerized by the emcees, the jams & the atmosphere. August 1st baby!

9. Last but not least........ Chris Espinosa, stand up.
We've only been officially together for 2+ weeks but these day-to-day times I spend time with you have been at its finest. From taking me places I've never been; to seeing me in person to offer some advice from your own family experience; to sleeping beside me on the same bed for practically a week plus & still falling asleep on the phone despite spending the whole day together; to seeing me from my happiest to saddest, from the most dressed up to the scrubbiest; to cruising around jammin out to songs in your car; to finding car parts; to walking around to fulfill our hungered states; to poking fun at each other with mockery, to spending countless hours just talking to each other face to face in a restaurant/fast food joint, reminiscing on how we started, where we hope to take this relationship and shedding background information/ experiences/ stories.... I ain't frontin' when I say YOU THE BEST I EVA HAD. I know that's become cliche and too early to state but I am For Real like Amel Larrieux. With all the f*cked up sh*t I've gone through with boys & the disappointing outcomes from my high hopes, I've got a Man that this independent lady can finally be in-dependent on. "I'm not gonna promise I'm not going to hurt you" is the most comforting thought because I, too wanna make you the happiest & I wanna be the one that hurts you the most. Truth realness right there. You keep getting more & more impressive daily & that's not only through your words; Your gestures, your real mannerisms, the aspirations & thoughts you convey, the way you know how to conversate with me minus the physical, and the realness you portray keeps me on my toes. I definitely got a rude boy that's good to me, with street credibility + some mind speak at mind's peak! It's surprising how you & I can't get enough of each other's presence cause if it were any other boy, I'd be suffocated by now. Thank you for the past weeks of being your girl & the past month plus for our initial ish that nobody else knows but us. Through our already present mutuality, yo nigga? You got me.


How do you get on my Sunshine list?
Touch me with a heart of gold.. from the lows, to the highs, to the foes we shine. Just continue to be my sunshine!

No comments: